News & Events
Power Point Presentations from 2015 Assistant Workshop
OMA’s Winter Public Lecture and Workshops – Featuring Jonathan Wolff and Meredith Scott
Save the dates – registration is open!
Friday, January 15th 2016, 6 – 8pm
Saturday January 16th, 2016, 9am – 3pm.
Friday evening OMA will host Jonathan Wolff for a public lecture entitled, “Blueprint for Change: Helping Children Establish New Behavior Patterns”
Click HERE to register for Friday.
On Saturday there will be a morning keynote lecture and two afternoon workshop options.
Beginning at 9am, Jonathan Wolff with provide a morning keynote entitled, “The Four Relationships Montessori Teachers Must Cultivate…Beyond the Child”
Following lunch there will be two workshop options to choose from:
- Jonathan Wolff will offer a workshop entitled for all school staff entitled, “Wild Fires of the Heart: Dousing the Flames of Anger.”
- Meredith Scott will offer a workshop developed primarily for school staff who are running, or want to run, bi-lingual Montessori programs entitled, “Teaching a Second Language within the Montessori Classroom.”
Click HERE to register for Saturday.
Location: TaborSpace, 5400 SE Belmont Street, Portland, OR 97214
Parking: Please park in the lot on the corner of SE Belmont and SE 54th. Thank you!
Attendees for Friday night will receive 2 hours of professional development and all-day attendees for Saturday will receive 5 hours of professional development in either STARS/Merit (for Washington State attendees) or the Oregon Registry (for Oregon attendees).
Books by Jonathan Wolff will be on display at the event, with the opportunity to place book orders. Checks and cash will be accepted.
OMA Spring Workshop and Tea
- Spring Workshop and Community Tea and Awards Ceremony, Saturday, April 9, 2016. Registration details coming in winter of 2016. Location: TBD
- Morning workshop: “Making Music in Montessori” Presented by Elementary Guide and musician, Michael Johnson, M. Mus. Ed. This three-hour morning workshop will have you dancing, singing and gaining confidence in implementing a strong music curriculum in your classrooms. Open to all.
- Following lunch, OMA will host its annual Spring Tea and Awards Ceremony. The call for award nominations will go out in January with awardees announced in early March.